What To Expect
while your pet is in the hospital
Updates you can expect:
- Call from your pet’s veterinarian every weekday morning
- Text or email every weekday evening
- Text or email every weekend evening
If you have questions
For the doctor:
- Please leave a message with the receptionist or on the doctor’s specific voicemail and a doctor will return your call between 5:30-6 PM
- A receptionist can give you an update anytime, but they do not know specifics.
- A technician can speak with you or return your call if you have a more specific medical question that does not need a doctor’s answer
- You are welcome to visit! Please time your visit between the hours of 9 am and 4:45 pm to allow our doctors to complete rounds.
- An estimate will be given before your pet is hospitalized.
- Half of the estimate is due at the time of admission.
- The other half is due when patient goes home.
- Please note that if the treatment plan changes as medical conditions change, your estimate MAY be higher.
- You will be notified if this should happen.
We are a caring hospital
- Please keep in mind we have more than one patient hospitalized.
- Each patient is EQUALLY important. Our doctors divide their time between these patients and are VERY involved in the care and treatment of your pet. Please be patient during the day as they return your call!
Note: A doctor will call you immediately should an emergency or change in treatment plan occur.
The Staff and Doctors at HACH